Updated March 30, 2020:
- Grace Health has begun providing telemedicine visits to our patients in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. A provider is able to speak with you using your smart phone or computer. If the provider is unable to obtain as much physical exam information as is needed to diagnose your problem, they will refer you to be seen by one of our on-site providers at Grace Health. Need instructions on how to join your zoom (telehealth) visit? Click here for more information.
- We are screening everyone prior to entering the building for COVID-19. If you have any symptom of respiratory illness (cold, influenza, or COVID-19), a nurse will evaluate the severity of your symptoms. If you have mild symptoms, we will provide you with education about caring for yourself at home. If you have more severe symptoms, a provider will evaluate you using telemedicine and determine if you can safely care for yourself at home, or if you need to be seen by one of our on-site providers or in the emergency department.
- Bronson’s Family Medicine practice is providing drive-up COVID-19 testing to those people who meet state-approved criteria. Persons seeking testing may call a Bronson Care Advisor at (269) 341-7788. The Care Advisor will determine over the phone if the person meets the current screening criteria for testing. If they do, the Care Advisor will schedule an appointment for them to go for specimen collection.
- Our hours of operation will be from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Grace Health Pharmacy is also open 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Please arrive before 5:00 pm to pick up your prescription.
- The Albion Dental office is closed until COVID-19 is no longer the threat it is today. We have been calling patients to cancel appointments scheduled for the next few weeks.
- The Battle Creek Dental office will be closed; however, a dentist will be available for urgent problems only (examples–severe tooth pain, emergency tooth removals, possible abscesses). This will be in effect until further notice, based on the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We have cancelled medical and dental walk-in hours. Please call for a same-day telemedicine appointment: 269-965-8866.
- Adults being seen on-site at Grace Health should not bring any visitor unless they need help walking or are developmentally delayed. One parent may accompany a child/children, however children who are not being seen for a visit should not enter the building. We request that extra visitors wait in their vehicle. This is for the safety of our patients and staff as many people will be infected without having any symptoms now that COVID is in our community. Thank you for your understanding.
- Our goal is to minimize the number of trips you make to the pharmacy; some prescriptions may be filled earlier than usual. If you are a Grace Health patient and need medications refilled, we may be able to send a refill without seeing you for an office visit until COVID-19 is over.
- Please allow 72 hours for the medication to be refilled.
- You can use our patient portal to request a refill several days before you run out of your medication as it may take longer to refill medications.
- If you use Grace Health Pharmacy to fill your prescriptions, you can refill your medications directly by calling 269-441-6774 (no need to call the medication refill number).
- If you are a Grace Health patient and are not currently using the Grace Health Pharmacy, and are having problems getting your medications filled, you may leave a message for a nurse on our medication refill number at 269-441-6819.
- Call Grace Health Pharmacy at 269-441-6774 to confirm prescriptions are ready before traveling to Grace Health.
- When you come to Grace Health to pick up your prescription, we will deliver it to your vehicle.
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization, and a national emergency by President Trump. Grace Health is working hard to keep our patients, staff, and community safe from COVID-19. We are working with state and local health experts to ensure that we are following the most current recommendations for screening, testing, and treatment of patients who may have symptoms of COVID-19 or been exposed to someone with the disease.
We encourage all our patients to Call Us First before going to the emergency department, unless you are having a life-threatening emergency. Our nurses and providers can help decide if you can be safely treated at home, or if you should be seen in our office or the emergency room.
Symptoms of COVID-19 usually include:
- Dry cough
- Difficulty breathing
If you are sick, you should STAY HOME. Don’t go to work, the grocery store, or any place where you might spread your illness to others. Stock up on essential supplies like food and medicines before you become ill, so you don’t have to leave home. You can obtain more information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/caring-for-yourself-at-home.html.
People with certain conditions are at high risk for severe problems if they become ill with COVID-19. These conditions include:
- Age 65 years or older
- Chronic lung diseases (COPD, emphysema, etc.)
- Tobacco use
- Conditions that weaken the immune system (cancer, diabetes, HIV, etc.)
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and you have any of these high risk conditions, contact your primary care provider’s office to find out if you should be tested or seen in an emergency room.
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
* This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
Because this is a rapidly changing pandemic, we may need to adjust our response as the situation changes. Check our website frequently for updates: www.gracehealthmi.org .
For more information about COVID-19, see links below: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/