Mission, Vision & Values
To provide patient-centered healthcare with excellence in quality, service, and access.
A community in which all people achieve their full potential for health and well-being across the lifespan. We work to be trusted by patients, a valued partner in the community, and creators of positive change.
Our work is guided by key values:
Our Relationship with the People We Serve:
- The patient always comes first. We are dedicated to patient care.
- We treat each person with respect and dignity.
- We are compassionate listeners. We hear the issues of our patients, respect them, and do everything in our power to help.
- We provide patient-centered service. People who come to the Grace Health can expect polite, friendly helpful staff members who relate to each person as an individual, recognizing their history, relationships, culture, and needs. We go the extra mile to meet their expectations.
- We keep ourselves well educated so that we can apply new developments in our fields. We use innovative approaches to health care and customer service.
- The diverse people who come to Grace Health see themselves reflected in our work. We seek diversity in our staff and value their abilities to enhance communication with patients. We create a clinic physical environment that reflects diversity. We actively engage in multiple cultures in the community.
- We seek direction from patients through their guidance as members of our Board; we seek direction from other contacts using multiple methods.
- We believe that patients deserve to have timely access to health care and that our systems should reflect this value.
Our Approach to Health Care
- We care for the whole person, see the complexity of each person’s life, and believe that addressing a broad range of human needs is the best way to improve a person’s health.
- We continuously examine the services we provide and what is needed in the community. We look for cracks in the health care system, fill those, and move to fill new ones. When other community resources develop to address those needs, we make intentional decisions to apply our resources differently.
- We believe that providing high quality, accessible health care is our reason for being. We seek to be a model for other community health centers.
- We use a team approach to providing health care, and involve the patient as part of our team.
Our Relationship with the Community
- We have a commitment to serving the community and providing open access to Grace Health for all community members.
- Involvement by our staff in the community enhances our ability to provide effective health care. Improving the community will improve the health of our customers.
- Partnerships with education, government, and other community organizations will multiply the resources for and the effectiveness of our work.
- By instilling confidence in our patients, they will become positive forces in the community and contribute to the health of others.
Our Work Environment
- In all we do, we actively pursue excellence and search for the next level of accomplishment.
- We take pride in our work.
- We create a dynamic, forward-moving, innovative organization.
- Our integrity and ethics will never be compromised.
- We are good stewards of limited resources so that we can most effectively meet the many needs of our customers and the community. At the same time, caring for people is our primary focus.
- We are as respectful, friendly, helpful, and supportive to one another as we are to our patients. Administrators seek to treat employees in the same way that employees treat patients.
- Teamwork is central to our work. We each take the responsibility to contribute effectively to teams.
- We each are dedicated to Grace Health, to our patients, and to the community.
- We share a common mission of serving others through spirit-based leadership.
- We recognize and appreciate the contributions and accomplishments of individuals and teams.
- We seek and reward suggestions and innovation.
- We have a strong work ethic, yet we don’t stifle our individual personalities.
- Fun and humor are healthy for us and for our patients. We intentionally incorporate fun into the Grace Health environment.
181 West Emmett Street
CALL: 269.965.8866 | Get Directions
115 Market Place
CALL: 517.629.6540 | Get Directions
Providing patient-centered healthcare with excellence in quality, service, and access.
Donations to Grace health
Community Health Center Quality Recognition (CHQR)
Grace Health, Inc., Battle Creek, Michigan
© 2021 Grace Health – Grace Health receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals. Privacy Statement